As you may have guessed from my subtle title, I gained Ultimate Rebel status this week by finishing some Wild Rebel badges; I finished Palaeontologist a few weeks ago, and this week finished Nature Lover and Observer. Neither were too much of a stretch as they encompassed many things I already do. I highly recommend sitting in the window of a coffee shop for an hour and actively watch the world go by; it's fascinating what and who you see. I went for a slow nature walk as it was too cold to sit in the squirrel hide for long, and saw several bird species, a horse being taken for a stroll (I got to pat it and I am usually scared of horses, so yay to me!), lots of lichen and fungi and a glorious variety of ivy leaves. There were lots of early spring flowers emerging, and to top everything off I saw a red squirrel scampering up and down a tree and along a path. We only have red squirrels here and I always get excited when I see one. I feel I have lost my Rebel mojo a bit in...
This month has been rather slower on the badge front due to end-of-school-year exhaustion for one thing. However, on the penultimate week of term I accompanied a school Duke of Edinburgh's Award trip to the Brecon Beacons in Wales, with fellow rebel Rachel and two D of E leaders. Obviously we had to take Fred the houseplant with us and he accompanied us on several walks, stayed in tents and minibuses and played in an adventure playground. He also came to a cafe. The weather was generally awful, but he coped magnificently (as did we and the kids). While there I finished my Camper Badge, and started my Advanced Camper Badge. I only had the menu planning and camp kitchen to do for camping, as I had camped lots the previous year but hadn't needed to cater. Advanced camping should be finished after a festival next month and Rebel Camp. I highly recommend camping in the rain, and hiking in the Welsh hills on damp days. The woods and waterfalls were magnificent. There are also lots of...
This has been rather a quiet Rebel week for me as it was the first week back at work after Christmas and it has been somewhat full on. However, I have been pootling along with a few badges. 'Exercise Every Day' has continued with some walks with my daughter; these last for about half an hour and give us a lovely, relaxed opportunity to catch up and have an uninterrupted natter. There are always distractions at home, so hopefully we can make this a habit. We haven't managed every day due to tiredness, work shifts and weather, so I have interspersed these walks with a bit of yoga and some solitary strolls. I have finished a clause of the Foodie Badge by having a third meal out - I just have to review them now! Here goes: Chesil Rectory, Winchester I went here for a memorial lunch with family in November; The Chesil Rectory is an OLD building at the bottom of Winchester not far from the Cathedral or Kind Alfred's statue. The restaurant is spread over two floors...
Comments
Post a Comment